1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like Merino and Alpaca and Silk (blends). I do absolutely not like novelty yarns and Mohair. I am not that big fan of pure cotton hurt.yarns, they make my hands hurt. I prefere natural fibers. I am sensitive to itchy fibers.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I recently started to store my circulars in plastic sheets in a folder. My dpns are stored in a metal sweet box.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
As far as I remeber I must have been under the age of ten. I learend by trying and with help from my mum and my grandma. The first items have been cloth for my stuffed animals and dolls. I started socks at the age of around 12. My skill level might be intermediate to advanced
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes I do, perhaps I should update it soon. If you need it I can search for the link.
5. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Mostly I dont like scented candles. At all I am sensitive for to heavy scents. I prefere orange scent, some kind of white/green tea scent I like too. Back in the US I discovered a perfume which I like, its pure „Pure white Linen“ from Estee Lauder, that is kind of stuff I like to smell. Not to heavy, more fresh than woodlike and a hint of flowers. Does that help?
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh yes! I like dark chocolate. English Wingums, Pralines and fine cokies.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
During our vacation in the US I really got fascinated by old style Patchork/Quilting. I am not that good in sewing and my machine is really old, but I will give it a try when I have more time.
I am not doing anything else beside knitting these days, perhaps I will make wooden boards for decoration for the kids but thats all. I used to try a lot of stuff but not anymore.
No I do not spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Hmm my favorite music? I can not tell like I could in my teenage years. I really like Moby, Faitless and Depeche Mode. More alternative music. I dont like rap and blues and hiphop. My Laptop plays MP3s.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
Orange, warm green, brown, warm red, natural colours, pink somehow, purple.
I can not stand black around anymore and am not the fan of blue although some shades of blue I like.
No yellow for me.
But if I like a special combination of colours I wont mind if there is one of the not so liked colours in it.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married and have a three year old daughter and a six month old son. We owe two cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, but no ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Most of the time I end up knitting a cardigan for me, but I also like lace shawls. I have no special preference, if I like an item I just knit it. I am not that sock enthusiast, but knit some from time to time.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A cardigan for my best friend, a cardigan from Kim Hargreaves, a hat for my daughter.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes I really like that but I wont wear them if they look homemade. Because of that I frog a lot or just dont wear items I made, hen my picky view does not like them 😉
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Absolutely a circs user. I like bamboo and love my rosewood needles.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Since our summer vacation YES!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I do not have any UFOÂ´s anymore because I had a moth problem and threw away a lot of stuff or frogged it to inspect it. No fear please, I think the moth are all dead now.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
yarn? books? No not really.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have subsciptions to Interweave Knits and Knitters. I also get the Rowan Magazine and have to issues of Knitscene and Vogue Knitting.
I have actually nothing special in mind I really would like to have.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
Hmm, quilting and toe up sock. Other things I learn while doing it, trying a new pattern etc.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I knit socks, mostly for others, but now my grandma can not do it anymore, might be I will start to knit more socks for myself. In Germany my size is 38,5 in the US it should be 7-8.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)